View the June 14, 2018 Implementation Group Kick-Off Call!
Implementation Groups are those that advance and support the various goals of the Nebraska Cancer Plan. Implementation Groups shall recommend to the Advisory Committee programs and partnerships aimed at accomplishing the specific goals, objectives and strategies outlined in the plan.
All NC2 partners are requested to serve on either an Operating Committee or Implementation Group. NC2 Operating Committees and Implementation Groups meet twice per year
in person and quarterly, at minimum, by conference call.
Not yet a partner? Join Today!
- Primary Prevention - Examples of this work could include: reducing the rates of people who tan indoors, increasing the number of people who have their homes mitigated for radon, increasing HPV vaccinations, increasing fruit and vegetable intake, and increasing physical activity.
- Survivorship - Examples of this work could include: promoting the use of survivorship care plans, addressing transportation barriers, promoting tobacco cessation for survivors and psychosocial support.
- Cancer Disparities - Examples of this work could include: health literacy training, targeted outreach to specific underserved populations in cancer screening, and work to promote adoption of Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services standards among clinics.
- Detection & Screening - Examples of this work could include: promoting mammography, colonoscopy, FIT/FOBT, lung cancer screening as appropriate, increasing access to clinical trials.
- Policy & Systems Change - Examples of this work could include: work site policy changes to insurance to cover cancer screenings or preparation for screenings, work to support sun safe environments at outdoor events, and smoke free multi housing units.
- Evaluation - Examples of this work could include: participation in the creation and implementation of evaluation plan to measure the impact of the state cancer plan, and the effectiveness of its associated projects.
Implementation Group General Information
Members & Leadership
Annual Charge & Goals