Nebraska State Cancer Plan
The Nebraska State Cancer Plan is a result of a statewide collaborative designed to improve Nebraska’s cancer prevention and control efforts. This working document addresses the cancer burden and critical cancer problems in Nebraska. Originally published in 2005, the Nebraska State Cancer Plan was revised in 2011 to include the following priorities:
- Emphasize primary prevention to reduce cancer risks.
- Address public health needs of cancer survivors.
- Reduce cancer disparities to achieve health equity.
- Promote early detection and appropriate screening.
- Increase access to cancer care.
NC2 stands behind this plan and calls upon Nebraska leaders, public officials, key decision-makers and citizens to do likewise. More importantly, Nebraska citizens and organizations are encouraged to become involved in state plan implementation, find out more here.
Nebraska State Cancer Plan Executive Summary